Make exercise 95 per cent more effective!
EVEN the most dedicated gym junkies spend only a small slice of their lives in the gym – four per cent, in fact… and that’s if you’re in the gym for an hour a day every day of the year!
To achieve great results and build a body you’ve always wanted, obviously you need to be smart about what you’re doing outside the gym too – after all, that time amounts to 95 per cent of your life!
Be intelligent when you’re not exercising in the gym or sweating up a storm on a sporting field somewhere – if you’re not smart, your fitness goals will be unobtainable and you’ll be wasting your training time.
Here are my five favourite tips to make sure you’re on track when you’re not in the confines of the gym:
- Use the surroundings – take advantage of things around you, think smart and try to cram in exercise wherever you can. Park benches, sets of stairs, hills and beaches provide ample opportunity to get your heart rate racing and stoke your fat-burning fire.
- Walk to work three days a week, or get off public transport an additional kilometre away from your destination than you usually would. Every extra step you take makes a huge difference over the course of a year.
- Take your lunch to work at least three times a week. Don’t get caught unprepared or having to eat on the run. It’s a fitness slippery slope when you’re relying on your local café or fast food joint to serve you healthy food every day.
- Be more social – set up lunchtime activity session, no matter what you might usually do in your day. Kick the footy at lunch, take the dog for a walk or go to the beach for a swim. Just get active!
- Try a water-only day three times a week. Not only will it hugely improve your hydration levels, but it’ll stop sugary drinks inhibiting your fat loss. Avoid soft drinks as the sugar rush makes your energy levels rapidly rise and fall… and make you more likely to develop diabetes. The National Institute of Health and Medical Research, for instance, found 1.5 litres of soft drink per week increases the risk of diabetes by 59 per cent!
Be prepared to get active and remain focused out of the gym, and those workout sessions you do throughout the week will become even more beneficial!
ABOUT MARK MOON
Mark is one of today’s leaders in health and wellness, with more than 15 years’ experience from across the globe. As a celebrity trainer with a continued national and international presence, Mark promotes his well-balanced, holistic approach to fitness and lifestyle through media platforms worldwide.
Mark has created his own online health, fitness and lifestyle brand Get Fit Fast The Complete Workout System with workouts, meal plans and workout schedules available for download at www.markmoonfitness.com Mark is also a resident trainer on USA digital workout platform Fit Fusion, USA based iPhone application Go Flaunt It, and his home workout DVDs range is distributed through the USA by Watch It Now Entertainment at www.markmoonfitnessusa.com