Shrink your calorie intake – and your stomach – by watching what you drink!
Let’s face it – almost all of us enjoy an alcoholic drink from time to time. We do it to wind down, to socialise, and to help have a good time. Your alcohol consumption, though, could be ruining your health… and your fitness regime! So if optimal health and weight loss in your goal, then stop forcing your body to ingest calorie-dense, body-destroying alcohol every week.
Clearly alcohol is a toxic partner for your training regime. It’s loaded with empty calories, a standard beer contains between 100 and 200 calories– and it affects your concentration, productivity, mental state and coordination, too!
Alcohol slows down the Central Nervous System and, among other things; it unsettles your hormone, energy and vitamin levels. It can even inhibit the release of growth hormones and testosterone! Recent studies show that growth hormone production – responsible for muscle growth, recovery and bone development – can decrease by as much as 70 per cent due to the effects of alcohol.
Refer to my guide below to help stay on track and not let a few social drinks ruin all your hard work.
- Understand how alcohol affects you and your performance the next day – each person responds differently, even to a single drink.
- Assess your reasons for drinking in the first place. Are you drinking for social or for emotional reasons? If it’s an emotional factor, alcohol won’t help.
- Calculate the calories you’re drinking. There are far more nutritional things to put in your body, especially if you’re aiming to lose weight.
- Choose spirits like gin or vodka, with mixers like soda water with a slice of lemon or lime. Avoid coloured beverages that are loaded with sugar.
- Alternate your alcohol consumption with non-alcoholic beverages. Water is a great option – its calorie free and limits dehydration.
- If you have had a few drinks, then be sure to have a big glass of water before bed, it will help with dehydration the next day.
ABOUT MARK MOON
Mark is one of today’s leaders in health and wellness, with more than 15 years’ experience from across the globe. As a celebrity trainer with a continued national and international presence, Mark promotes his well-balanced, holistic approach to fitness and lifestyle through media platforms worldwide.
Mark has created his own online health, fitness and lifestyle brand Get Fit Fast The Complete Workout System with workouts, meal plans and workout schedules available for download at www.markmoonfitness.com Mark is also a resident trainer on USA digital workout platform Fit Fusion, USA based iPhone application Go Flaunt It, and his home workout DVDs range is distributed through the USA by Watch It Now Entertainment at www.markmoonfitnessusa.com