Workout Plan Essentials
IT’S the thing that makes or breaks your workout routine – your plan! Your workout schedule influences your motivation and your willingness to work out. Without the desire to actually visit the gym or go to the park, you can’t make progress.
A study published in the Journal of Sport and Exercise Psychology found that exercise motivation fluctuates week-to-week and even day-to-day across exercise plans. Researchers tracked 33 college students across two-and-a-half months – they found motivation across the group fluctuated significantly… the more the individuals made the effort to complete exercise one day, the more they were likely to exercise in the future too. According to research, if you get to the gym at the start of the week, it’s much easier to make it to sessions later in the week too!
So how do you stick to your workout plan and achieve all your fitness goals?
Here are my top five tips for your fitness success!
- Design a workout plan you can stick to. Make it realistic – most plans fail because other things get in the way. Don’t overcommit.
- Devise a plan that comprises 60 per cent resistance training of your total workout plan – building lean muscle helps boost metabolism and burn extra calories.
- Allow your body adequate rest, and stretch regularly before, during and after exercise. Give yourself 24-48 hours’ rest after exercising each body part.
- Announce your intentions! Tell people what your goals are and ask for them to join in and support you. It’s more fun for others to join in – and healthy completion can be great for your progress.
- Make short-term goals within a long-term plan – small, achievable and ‘bite-sized’ targets help keep you on track along the way when you’re trying to achieve substantial long-term goals.
Successful workout plans are realistic, resistance-focused and include lots of short-term goals. Plan yours today, tell your friends and watch your progress soar!
ABOUT MARK MOON
Mark is one of today’s leaders in health and wellness, with more than 15 years’ experience from across the globe. As a celebrity trainer with a continued national and international presence, Mark promotes his well-balanced, holistic approach to fitness and lifestyle through media platforms worldwide.
Mark has created his own online health, fitness and lifestyle brand Get Fit Fast The Complete Workout System with workouts, meal plans and workout schedules available for download at www.markmoonfitness.com Mark is also a resident trainer on USA digital workout platform Fit Fusion, USA based iPhone application Go Flaunt It, and his home workout DVDs range is distributed through the USA by Watch It Now Entertainment at www.markmoonfitnessusa.com