It only takes 10 Minutes a day!
IT’S scary to think more than half of Australians are overweight or obese… but it’s true! A recent survey by the Australian Bureau of Statistics showed a whopping 63 per cent of adults in this country are overweight or obese.
A huge factor in our fight against fat is our day job – so many of us sit at our desks and do nothing energetic for as many as 40 or 50 hours a week! Don’t become a statistic!
Avoiding the majority is simple… Cut down on the energy you consume, if you’re stuck behind a desk – your caloric requirements are fewer and extra calories will be stored as body fat. Take a proper lunch break with a healthy meal, if you’re grabbing fast food and eating it at your desk then you’re on the fast track to joining the fat majority.
Five tips to stay fit at work:
- Anything is better than doing nothing! A 10-minute cardio session will keep you fit and your waistline in check, so pop on the runners and get to it.
- Go for a walk, take the stairs instead of a lift or get off the bus a couple of stops earlier. It all adds up!
- Did you know a 10-minute high-intensity session can burn as much as 175 calories for an adult male of 100kg, or almost 90 calories for a female weighing 50kg? That’s as much as 8,400 calories across a yearly work calendar!
- Take advantage of what’s in your surrounds – stairs, a pull-up bar, park bench and so on. Look around and find ways to get active!
- Try this simple drill. Jog for three minutes to warm up, and then do seven sets of 30-second sprints followed by 30 seconds of recovery. Walk for 3 minutes to cool down.
Grab a healthy lunch on the way back to the office, have a shower and you’ve got 30 minutes of your lunch hour to spare. And you’ve had one healthy, fat-fighting lunchtime workout!
ABOUT MARK MOON
Mark is one of today’s leaders in health and wellness, with more than 15 years’ experience from across the globe. As a celebrity trainer with a continued national and international presence, Mark promotes his well-balanced, holistic approach to fitness and lifestyle through media platforms worldwide.
Mark has created his own online health, fitness and lifestyle brand Get Fit Fast The Complete Workout System with workouts, meal plans and workout schedules available for download at www.markmoonfitness.com Mark is also a resident trainer on USA digital workout platform Fit Fusion, USA based iPhone application Go Flaunt It, and his home workout DVDs range is distributed through the USA by Watch It Now Entertainment at www.markmoonfitnessusa.com