- 1 can lentils
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 2 fillets salmon
- 1 small brown onion, chopper
- ½ cup chopped coriander
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Salt and pepper
- Fry onion, garlic, cumin and turmeric in a tablespoon of vegetable oil on medium heat until onion is soft
- Add quinoa and water. Simmer for 10 minutes until water evaporates. Remove from heat
- Add can of lentils, coconut and stir through
- Mix baby spinach and coriander and place on a plate, with the lentil and quinoa mix on top
- Season salmon with salt and pepper and cook on high heat for approximately two minutes each side, until skin is crispy outside but fillet is medium rare inside
- Place salmon on lentil and quinoa salad. Serve immediately
Contains lysine – essential for muscle tissue growth and repair – and possesses almost twice as much fibre as other grains. It’s also high in riboflavin, improving energy and metabolism in brain and muscle cells.
Aids in digestion, the maintenance of blood sugars and is high in Vitamin A. The abundance of Vitamin K in spinach also helps fight cardiovascular disease and stroke.
High in Omega 3 acids which helps brain function and assists in the prevention of macular degeneration.
ABOUT MARK MOON
Mark is one of today’s leaders in health and wellness, with more than 15 years’ experience from across the globe. As a celebrity trainer with a continued national and international presence, Mark promotes his well-balanced, holistic approach to fitness and lifestyle through media platforms worldwide.
Mark has created his own online health, fitness and lifestyle brand Get Fit Fast The Complete Workout System with workouts, meal plans and workout schedules available for download at www.markmoonfitness.com Mark is also a resident trainer on USA digital workout platform Fit Fusion, USA based iPhone application Go Flaunt It, and his home workout DVDs range is distributed through the USA by Watch It Now Entertainment at www.markmoonfitnessusa.com